Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Woah... I'm going to Disney for 8 months!

Let's start this off by saying HELLO!  My names Brooke Rappaport, I'm from New York, and I've been accepted to the Disney College Program (DCP) for the Fall Advantage 2014/2015 Term!  I'll be starting May 12 (three days after finals) and will be working at Disney in Attractions until January 7th! This blog is here to document my experience and to help out any future/current DCPs!
Most of you probably know what the DCP is, but if you don't know what it is, here's my try at explaining it:
 
The program is for any who is enrolled in college and has completed at least one semester.  This is basically an internship, with bonuses.    You have to go through a three processes.  The first is the application, then the web-based interview, then a phone interview.  You aren't guaranteed to pass all three of these, and only about 5,000 out of 25,000 applicants get into the program, so hope for the best!  You work 35-50+ a week in Disney depending on if you take Disney University's Classes (yes, they have classes you can take!) and also what job you get assigned to.  You also get two days off a week and free entrance to the Disney Parks!  On top of that, you also get the opportunity to live in their housing complexes and the rent is taken out of your paycheck weekly.  Disney even provides transportation to those who don't bring a car.

There's a lot more to it, but if you're looking at this blog, then you must have already looked into the program or have already been accepted, like me!   The flight is booked and I've found a roommate.  Now I just need to get passed these few finals and pack up!

I'll post a 'what to pack' list in my upcoming posts and if anyone has any suggestions on what to post, go for it!

Hopefully, I'm not writing this for no one...
*cricket cricket*
Good luck to those who have applied and may the odds be ever in your favor!

 

P.S.  This is my first blog ever, so be patient in my writing skills. 

No comments:

Post a Comment